The Consumer Durables sector in India has attracted significant Investment over the year.
Introduction & Snapshots
Indian consumer durables market is broadly segregated into urban and rural markets and is attracting marketers from across the world. The sector comprises of a huge middle class, relatively large affluent class and a small economically disadvantaged class. Global corporations view India as one of the key markets from where future growth is likely to emerge. The growth in India’s consumer market would be primarily driven by a favorable population composition and increasing disposable income.
Per capita GDP of India is expected to reach US$ 3,273.85 in 2023 from US$ 1,983 in 2012. The maximum consumer spending is likely to occur in food, housing, consumer durables, and transport and communication sectors.
Market Size,Growth ,Scope & Investment Opportunities.:-
Indian appliance and consumer electronics (ACE) market reached Rs 76,400 crore (US$ 10.93 billion) in 2019.
Appliances and consumer electronics industry is expected to double to reach Rs 1.48 lakh crore (US$ 21.18 billion) by 2025.
Electronics hardware production in the country increased from Rs 1.90 trillion (US$ 31.13 billion) in FY14 to Rs 4.58 trillion (US$ 65.53 billion) in FY19.
- Television industry in India reached an estimated Rs 787 billion (US$ 11.26 billion) in 2019 and is projected to reach Rs 955 billion (US$ 13.66 billion) by 2021.
- As of FY20, electronics, domestic appliances and air conditioner market in India were estimated to be around Rs 5,976 crore (US$ 0.86 billion), Rs 17,873 crore (US$ 1.80 billion) and Rs 12,568 crore (US$ 2.56 billion), respectively.
- Shipment of TVs in India increased 15 per cent annually to reach the highest-ever level of 15 million units in 2019.
- Smartphone shipments in India increased eight per cent y-o-y to reach 152.5 million units in 2019, thereby making it the fastest growing among the top 20 smartphone markets in the world.
- The S&P BSE Consumer Durables Index was up 6.8 per cent in Jan 2020 and gained 32.1 per cent in last one year.
Investments & Opportunities:-
- According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, during April 2000 – March 2020, FDI inflow into the electronics sector stood at US$ 2.79 billion.Following are some recent investments and developments in the Indian consumer market sector.
- Consumer durable loans in India increased 43 per cent y-o-y to Rs 6,495 crore (US$ 921.4 million) in FY20.
- In January 2020, Godrej appliances announced plans to foray into air-cooler segment and acquire a market share of 15 per cent in the segment in the next five years.
- In May 2020, Philips announced investment of Rs 250-300 crore (US$ 35.47-42.56 million) to boost its manufacturing and R&D facilities in India.
- The Government of India has allowed 100 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) under the automatic route in Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing sector. FDI into single brand retail has been increased from 51 per cent to 100 per cent; the government is planning to hike FDI limit in multi-brand retail to 51 per cent.
Indian appliance and consumer electronics (ACE) market is expected to increase at 9 per cent CAGR to reach Rs 3.15 trillion (US$ 48.37 billion) in 2022. Demand growth is likely to accelerate with rising disposable income and easy access to credit. Increasing electrification of rural areas and wide usability of online sales would also aid growth in demand.
Note: Conversion rate used in April 2020, Rs 1 = US$ 0.013123
SCOPE- INVEST INDIA – “WMN” VITAL ROLE IN TERMS OF FDI
”WMN” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors,
“ WORLD MEDIA NETWORK” is venturing into a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries and more than twenty-five languages across the world. Covering Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes,Talk shows .
Press releases are based on Industry standards and timely Coverages help in business development and scope of growth among the countries and FDI’s “WMN” is helping upcoming n existing businesses to grow within the perpetual business as the government is working towards domestic and international Tie-Ups .
Most service-oriented industries need to be promoted through WMN with direct and indirect participation and looking for opportunities for Franchising modules in the world.
“WMN” LEAD GENERATION
There are two types of lead within the lead generation market: sales leads and marketing leads. A Sales lead is generated on the basis of demographic criteria such as FICO score (United States), income, age, home Income, psychographic, etc. These leads are resold to multiple advertisers. Lead generation describes the marketing method of stimulating and capturing interest in a very product or service for the purpose of developing a sales pipeline. Lead generation typically uses digital channels and has been undergoing substantial changes in recent years from the increase of the latest online and social techniques.
MINISTRIES OF THE GOVT.OF INIDA “WORLD MEDIA NETWORK” ASSISTANCE
“ WMN’’ will guide the corporates/ company/ individuals in establishing the business in India depending on the states to get the required permissions from the Ministries of The Government of India.
The Ministries include
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Railways
Ministry of Power
Ministry of Electronics & Information & Technology
Ministry of Communication
Ministry of Tourism & Transport
Ministry of Civil Aviation
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers.
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Ministry of Ayush
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers
Ministry of Department of North East region
Ministry of Earth Sciences
Ministry of Environment, Climate change & Forest
Ministry of External affairs &Finance
Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Dairying
Ministry of Heavy Industries& Public Enterprises
Ministry of Home Affairs, Housing &Urban Affairs.
Ministry of Human Resources Development
Ministry of Information &B broadcasting
Ministry of Jal Shakti
Ministry of Law &Justice
Ministry of Labour &Employment
Ministry of MSME’s
Ministry of Mines
Ministry of minority affairs
Ministry of New & Renewable Energy
Ministry of Panchayat Raj
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Ministry of Science & Technology
Ministry of Rural Development
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Ministry of Shipping
Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Ministry of Steel, Textiles, Tribal affairs.
Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation.
RURAL MARKET IN INDIA& INVEST IN INDIA
Importance of brand visibility in Rural Markets of India for high brand Recall & Pull. It’s easy to ignore other languages if one the dominant language makes up the majority. While English does make for the majority, there is a section that only consumes content in a regional language and this section could be your most important target audience. To be present Indic content we also encouraging websites to enagage consumers in multiple languages.
”WMN”is going to support in many ways through various resources. In Moral, Development of any country not only depends on the continuous development of the urban areas but also relies on the development of the small towns and rural areas. Government, as well as individual actions together, contribute towards the success of any country as a whole. The Major industries in Rural market segments are mainly covered with as….
2) ORGANIC FARMING.
5)FIVE STORES IDEAS ie SEEDS & FERTILIZERS STORE,GROCERY STORES,ICECREAM & SWEET STORES,CLOTHING & CHEMISTS STORES.etc.
6) DAIRY FARM BUSINESS
7)POULTRY,SMALL SCALE UNITS MANUFACTURING UNITS & CONSTRUCTIONS.
8)LOW BUDGET VILLAGE BUSINESSES etc.