A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT(FDI) IN TRIPURA
Districts List - Districts of Tripura
- North Tripura
- South Tripura
- West Tripura
- The agro-climatic conditions in the state are favourable for growing various fruits and horticultural crops. Tripura’s pineapples and oranges are known for their unique flavour and organic nature.
- As per the 3rd advance estimate of 2018-19, total fruit production in the state reached 555.473 thousand metric tonnes (MT), total vegetables production reached 813.378 thousand MT, total plantation production reached 29.458 thousand MT, and total spices production reached 30.22 thousand MT.
- Tripura has vast natural gas reserves. The gas is available in a non-associate form, with high methane content of about 97.0 per cent. Concessional gas-pricing and vast reserves offer potential for setting up industries in the sector. Natural Gas production in Tripura stood at 1,378 million cubic metres (mcm) during 2019-20 (till February 2020).
- An agri-export zone for pineapples is also being developed. The state also has potential in the meat processing sector. Tripura implemented the National Food Security Act, 2013 in September 2015 and became the first state to implement the act in the entire North East.
- Tea grown in Tripura is known for its good blending qualities. Organic tea and green tea production have been undertaken by some of the tea estates in the state. Tea production is a growing industry in Tripura and provides a considerable scope for investment.
Tripura-FDI Investment Present Scene
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
The Guwahati region, which includes Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura, attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) equity inflow worth US$ 122 million between April 2000 and September 2019 according to the data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Tripura has 87.8 per cent literacy rate, higher than the national average rate, making it an ideal destination for knowledge sectors.
As of March 2020, Tripura had a total installed power generation capacity of 763.96 megawatt (MW), of which 185.51 MW was under state utilities, 574.04 MW was under central & 4.41 MW was under the private sector.
The state has a wide range of fiscal and policy incentives for businesses under the Tripura Industrial Investment Promotion Incentive Scheme, 2017. Developing infrastructure, improved rail and air connectivity, and establishment of trade routes have facilitated trade.
Tripura & FDI Major Announcements
- TRIPURA to Provide subsidy on setting up of large Industries.
- Financial assistance being provided by Govt.to promote value chain.
Targeted Industries Key sectors
“World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the country.
As of March 2020, Tripura had a total installed power generation capacity of 763.96 megawatt (MW), of which 185.51 MW was under state utilities, 574.04 MW was under central, and 4.41 MW was under private sector.
Total merchandise export from the state stood at US$ 1.43 million during 2018-19. In During April-December 2019, export stood at US$ 1.09 million.
According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) inflow in Tripura** stood at US$ 122 million between April 2000 and September 2019.
Some of the major initiatives taken by the Government to promote Tripura as an investment destination are:
- In December 2019, Tripura got approval for its first Special Economic Zone (SEZ). This will be established at Jalefa, Sabroom, South Tripura District. This will be an agro-based food processing sector SEZ.
- In July 2019, the Ministry of Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises sanctioned 50 electric buses for the state.
- According to Airport Authority of India, Agartala airport’s upcoming integrated terminal building will have modern facilities including India’s first human body scanner and is expected to be operational in early 2020. Agartala airport will be third international airport in the north eastern region.
- As of May 2018, Tripura had won eight new projects worth Rs 74.12 crore (US$ 6.38 million) under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY). Till November 2019, state had utilised Rs 14.11 crore (US$ 2.02 million).
Tripura Govt Departments & websites
Official Portal of Govt. of Tripura
- Online Services
- Employment Service and Manpower
- Horticulture and Soil Conservation