A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT(FDI)IN “ODISHA”
Odisha has a well-developed social, physical, and industrial infrastructure, and the state government has undertaken several infrastructural projects to further promote overall development. The state’s infrastructure includes well-connected road and rail networks, airports, ports, power, and telecom.
- Total merchandise export from Odisha stood at US$ 6.303 million in FY19 and reached US$ 3.26 billion during April-September 2019.
- Odisha’s industries are based mainly on the natural resources available in the state. It carries more than 35 per cent of country’s natural resources. The state has significant reserves of iron ore, bauxite, nickel, coal, etc. Hence, it is an attractive destination for mineral-based industries. In June 2020, ArcelorMittal Group announced its plans to invest Rs 2,000 crore (US$ 283.73 million) in the state to expand its pellet plant at Paradip and increase its production capacity from 6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to 12 MTPA.
- According to State Budget 2018-19, an outlay of Rs 114 crore (US$ 17.69 million) was proposed for the mining sector.
- About 155.10 lakh domestic tourists and 1.14 lakh foreign tourists visited Odisha during 2018-
Odisha-FDI Investment Present Scene
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
- Odisha has emerged as a key state with regards to the mineral and metal-based industries. At 40.7 per cent in 2018, Odisha contributed the largest share of mineral production India in terms of value. Value* of minerals produced in the state reached Rs 30,170.22 US$ 4.28 billion) in 2018-19.
- It is the first state in India to have undertaken reform and restructuring initiatives in the power sector. As of March 2020, Odisha accounted for a total installed power generation capacity of 8,566.59 megawatt (MW), comprising 3,828.22 MW under state utilities, 2,771.39 MW under private sector, 1,996.68 MW under central utilities.
- The state attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow worth US$ 605 million during April 2000 and March 2020 according to the data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Odisha & FDI Major Announcements
- MCL Plans to invest Rs. 60,000 Cr in next 5 yrs.
- ArceorMittal plans to invest Rs.2000 cr in Odisha.
- PM Inuagarets first Khelo India university Games.
- Indian Railways commissions first Waste to Energy plant in Bhubneshwar with 500kg capacity per day.
**Targeted Industries Key sectors**- “WMN”KEY ROLE.
“World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the country.
Odisha has vast potential for development of tourism. It is one of the critical sectors of the state’s economy, in terms of foreign exchange earnings as well as employment generation opportunities. In 2018, 15.20 million domestic tourists and 110,818 foreign tourists visited Odisha.
The state attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow worth US$ 605 million during April 2000 and March 2020 according to the data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). Investment intentions filed in the state is Rs 29,826 crore (US$ 4.27 billion) in 2019.
Below are some of the major initiatives taken by the Government to promote Odisha as a promising investment destination:
- In June 2020, ArcelorMittal Group announced its plans to invest Rs 2,000 crore (US$ 283.73 million) in the state to expand its pellet plant at Paradip and increase its production capacity from 6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to 12 MTPA.
- Total merchandise export from Odisha were US$ 6.303 million in FY19 and US$ 3.26 billion during April-September 2019.
- In November 2019, JSW Infrastructure commissioned a new iron ore terminal in Paradip port. The terminal can load these vessels at a rate of 100,000 tonnes a day.
- By 2022, Odisha plans to reach generation of 2,200 MW of solar power, 200 MW of wind power,180 MW of bio-mass power, 150 MW of small hydro power and 20 MW of Waste-to-Energy (WTE) power.
- In December 2019, the State Government announced increasing bed capacity in major hospitals including Mother and Child Healthcare Center (MCH).
Odisha Govt Departments & websites
DEPARTMENTS & LINKS
- Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment
- Commerce & Transport
- Electronics & Information Technology
- Fisheries & Animal Resources Development
- Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare
- Forest & Environment
- General Administration & Public Grievance
- Handlooms,Textiles & Handicrafts
- Health & Family Welfare
- Higher Education Department
- Housing & Urban Development
- Information & Public Relations
- Labour & Employees’ State Insurance
- Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise
- Odia Language Literature & Culture Department
- Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Planning & Convergence
- Public Enterprises
- Revenue & Disaster Management
- Rural Development
- School & Mass Education
- Science & Technology
- Skill Development & Technical Education
- Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Sports & Youth Services
- ST & SC Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare
- Steel & Mines
- Water Resources
- Women & Child Development & Mission Shakti