A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT(FDI) IN ASSAM
- Dima Hasao (North Cachar Hills)
- Kamrup Metropolitan
- Karbi Anglong
- South Salamara-Mankachar
- West karbi Anglong.
- Tea, coal, oil and gas, Limestone and Cement, agriculture, horticulture, food processing and tourism. Tea: During 2019-20^, production of tea in the state stood at 694.53 million kgs.
- Agriculture and Allies: An agrarian economy since time immemorial, agriculture is the major contributor to the state economy. It also provides livelihood to a significant proportion of the population of the state. The agro-climatic conditions support cultivation of a wide range of horticultural crops, including plantation crops and various fruits and vegetables, flowers, spices, medicinal and aromatic plants, nut crops, and tuber crops. Pineapple, banana, cauliflower, Broccoli, rose, rice, papaya, sugarcane, turmeric, jute, potato, and Bougainvillea are among high yielding varieties of horticulture crops in Assam. It also includes traditional fruits like Carambola, Leteku, Paniyal Thekera, Au tenga etc. Total production of horticulture crops in the state in 2018-19* stood at 7.18 million tonnes with 702.53 thousand hectares area under production.
- Sericulture: Assam enjoys global monopoly in terms of Muga silk (also known as golden silk) production. The state accounts for around 95 per cent of global Muga production. Moreover, Assam is the country’s major Eri silk producer (accounts for 65 per cent of the country’s Eri silk production). Under State Budget 2020-21, Government allocated Rs 289 crore (US$ 41.35 million) for the Handloom Textiles and Sericulture Department.
- Tourism: During 2018, foreign tourist arrivals in the state reached around 5.85 while domestic tourist visits stood at 36,846.
Assam-FDI Investment Present Scene
The Government has set a target to generate 6,500-megawatt (MW) power in the state by 2030. At current prices, the Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Assam is estimated to reach Rs 4.09 trillion (US$ 58.47 billion) in 2020-21. The GSDP of the state grew at a CAGR (in Rs) of 12.58 per cent between 2015-16 and 2020-21.
According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), cumulative FDI inflow in Assam** stood at US$ 122 million between April 2000 and September 2019. The state attracted US$ 2.93 million FDI between October 2019 and March 2020. Export from the state stood at US$ 369.76 million during 2018-19 and reached US$ 329.99 million in 2019-20 (till December 2019).
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
Assam & FDI Major Announcements
Assam plans to provide functional tap connections to 13 lakhs rural households in 20-21.
APEDA-CFTRI sign Mou for Lision office in Guwahati
Targeted Industries & Key Sectors-“WMN”KEY ROLE.
- “World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the.
- The Assam Government has approved 11 integrated infrastructure development centres across the state. Some of the major initiatives taken by the Government to promote Assam as an investment destination are:
- Government introduced Jyotisman Asom scheme under Budget 2020-21 to provide free electricity to all households whose monthly electricity consumption is up to 30 units.
- Under State Budget 2020-21, Government announced setting up of five polytechnics, seven new Government colleges, two medical colleges, one ayurvedic college, one new law college, and new university Sati Sadhoni Rayjik Vishwavidyalaya.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport and Dibrugarh Airport are the most popular airports in the state. Aircraft movement from Guwahati and Dibrugarh airports stood at 45,539 and 5,502 respectively in 2019-20. Passenger traffic at Guwahati and Dibrugarh airports in 2019-20 was 54,57,449 and 5,31,993 respectively. Freight handled at Guwahati and Dibrugarh airports stood at 21,270 MT and 909 MT, respectively, during same period.
- In February 2019, foundation of a 70 MW Solar Park at Japisajia village of Amguri in Sibsagar district was laid, having a production life of 25 years.
- The Government has set a target to generate 6,500 MW power in the state by 2030.
- The State has adopted the North East Industrial Investment Promotion Policy and Industrial Policy of Assam to facilitate business through fiscal incentives and multi-year concessions to investors.
- During 2018, foreign tourist arrival in the state reached around 5.85 million while domestic tourist visits stood at 36,846.