A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI) IN JAMMU &KASHMIR
Jammu and Kashmir was a region formerly administered by India as a state from 1954 to 2019, constituting the southern and south eastern portion of the larger Kashmir region, which has been the subject of a dispute between India, Pakistan and China since the mid-20th Century. Founded on 26 th October 1947.Population 1.25 Cr (2011) 22 districts.
Districts List - DISTRICTS OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
JAMMU & KASHMIR INDUSTRIES
Horticulture, floriculture, handlooms and handicrafts, tourism, mineral-based industry, gems and jewellery, sericulture, IT and pharmaceuticals.
- Food processing and agro-based industries (excluding conventional grinding and extraction units) thrive in J&K due to an excellent climate for horticulture and floriculture. Total production* of horticulture crops in UT in 2018-19** stood at 3.96 million tonnes with 414.47 thousand hectares area under production.
- The Handicrafts industry has been receiving priority attention from the Government in view of its large employment base and exports potential.
- J&K is famous for its small-scale and cottage industries such as carpet weaving, silks, shawls, basketry, pottery, copper and silverware, papier-mâché and walnut wood.
- J&K SIDCO is the nodal agency for promotion and development of medium- and large-scale industries in the UT.
- Total tourist arrivals to J&K reached 14.32 million in 2017(P) out of which 14.24 million were domestic tourists and 79.77 thousand were foreign tourists.
JAMMU & KASHMIR - FDI Investment Present Scene
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
- J&K has attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) equity inflows worth US$ 6 million during the period April 2000 to September 2019, according to data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). &K has attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) equity inflows worth US$ 6 million during the period April 2000 to September 2019, according to data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Total exports from Jammu and Kashmir stood at US$ 196.43 million during 2018-19. During 2019-20 (up to Dec 19), exports from the UT stood at US$ 146.57 million. The GSDP grew at a CAGR of 10.51 per cent, during 2011-12 to 2018-19 to reach Rs 1.57 trillion (US$ 24.42 billion).
- As of February 2020, J&K had a total installed power generation capacity of 3,417.13 MW, comprising 1,812.35 MW under central utilities, 1,535.48 MW under UT utilities and 69.30 MW under private utilities.
JAMMU & KASHMIR & FDI MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
- *Kashmiri Saffron gets GI tag*
- 7 Projects worth Rs.594 Cr has sanctioned for Jammu & Kashmir &Ladhkh under Swadesh Darshan & Prashad Schemes by Tourism minister.
- J&K approves 282 languishing Projects.
**Targeted Industries Key sectors**- “WMN”KEY ROLE.
“World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the country.
- A vast natural resource base has enabled J&K to develop land for cultivating major fruits. With varied agro-climatic conditions, the scope for horticulture is significantly high in J&K. Food processing and agro-based industries (excluding conventional grinding and extraction units) thrive in the UT. J&K has an ideal climate for floriculture and an enormous assortment of flora and fauna. J&K has Asia’s largest tulip garden.
- J&K’s handicrafts are world famous and the traditional handicraft industry has emerged as a large industry. Due to its large employment base and export potential, the industry has been receiving priority attention of the government.
- The UT is also famous for its small-scale and cottage industries such as carpet weaving, silks, shawls, basketry, pottery, copper and silverware, papier-mâché, and walnut wood. The cottage handicrafts industry provides direct and gainful employment to around 340,000 artisans.
- As of March 2020, J&K had a total installed power generation capacity of 3,417.13 megawatt (MW), comprising 1,812.35 MW under central utilities, 1,535.48 MW under UT utilities, and 69.30 MW under private utilities.
- Total export from Jammu and Kashmir stood at US$ 196.43 million during 2018-19. During 2019-20 (up to December 2019), export from the UT stood at US$ 146.57 million.
- The following are some of the major initiatives taken by the Government to promote Jammu & Kashmir as an investment destination:
- In 2019, ten investments worth Rs 346 crore (US$ 49.51 million) were proposed in J&K.
- J&K has an industrial policy that offers attractive incentives along with a single-window clearance mechanism. Land is allotted at concessional rates in industrial areas on lease for 90 years.
- National Highway Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL) is developing five tunnels in the UT at a cost of US$ 3.42 million. The tunnels will have all weather access and will be completed by 2024.
- According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), cumulative FDI inflow during April 2000 to September 2019 was valued at US$ 6 million.
- The Kashmir region is known for its horticulture industry. The industry plays a vital role in the J&K’s economic development. Total production of horticulture crops in the UT in 2018-19** stood at 3.96 million tonnes with 414.47 thousand hectares area under production.
- The UT is a leading producer of apples and walnuts. Total apple production in 2017-18P stood at around 1.74 million metric tonnes.
- About 150,000 metres of silk cloth is produced per annum in J&K. During 2018-19(P), 118 MT of raw silk was produced in the J&K and had a production target of 170 MT for 2019-20(T).In 2018, foreign and domestic tourist arrival reached 139,520 and 17.07 million, respectively.
JAMMU & KASHMIR Govt. Departments & Websites
Social Welfare Department