A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT(FDI) IN WEST BENGAL
Districts List - Districts of West Bengal
- Cooch Behar
- Dakshin Dinajpur (South Dinajpur)
- North 24 Parganas
- Paschim Medinipur (West Medinipur)
- Paschim (West) Burdwan (Bardhaman)
- Purba Burdwan (Bardhaman)
- Purba Medinipur (East Medinipur)
- South 24 Parganas
- Uttar Dinajpur (North Dinajpur
West Bengal Industries
Key Sectors :
- In 2018-19, West Bengal remained the second largest producer of potato in India, accounting for about 24.31 per cent of the country’s potato output. The state’s potato production stood at 13.78 million tonnes in 2018-19.
- As of February 2020, West Bengal had 21 SEZs, of which, 7 were operational, 5 were notified, 7 were formally approved, and 2 having in-principle approval.
- Total tea production in West Bengal stood at 415.48 million kgs in 2019-20, accounting for 29.27 per cent share of India’s total production.
- The state is the largest producer of rice.
- Moreover, the state is also a key producer of petroleum and petrochemicals. Production of natural gas in the state^ reached 710.46 million cubic metres in 2018-19.
- Total export from IT sector from the state was estimated at Rs 22,897 crore (US$ 3.28 billion) in 2018-19. The State Government introduced West Bengal Information Technology and Electronics Policy 2018 which envisages West Bengal as one of the leading states in India in the IT, ITeS, ICT and ESDM sectors.
West Bengal-FDI Investment Present Scene
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
West Bengal has abundant natural resources of minerals and suitable agro-climatic conditions for agriculture, horticulture, and fisheries. It is in vicinity to mineral rich states like Jharkhand, Bihar, and Odisha. It offers excellent connectivity to the rest of India in terms of railways, roadways, ports, and airports.
As of March 2020, West Bengal had a total installed power generation capacity of 11,026.50 megawatt (MW), of which 6,497.95 MW was under state utilities, 2,847.93 MW was under private sector, and 1,680.62 MW was under central utilities.
According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow in West Bengal, along with Sikkim and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, totalled US$ 6,909 million during April 2000 to March 2020.
West Bengal ranked eleventh among Indian states on ease of doing business and reforms implementation according to a study by the World Bank and KPMG.
West Bengal & FDI Major Announcements
- FLIPCART opens experience centre in kolkatta.
- Industry promises Rs.39,000 Cr investment at Bengal Global Business Summit.
- GEECL to invest USD 2bn to exploit shale gas reserves.
**Targeted Industries Key sectors**- “WMN”KEY ROLE.
“World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the country.
West Bengal is India’s sixth largest state in terms of economic size. Its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is expected to reach Rs 14.44 trillion (US$ 206.64 billion) in 2020-21. Average annual GSDP growth rate is estimated at 12.62 per cent between 2015-16 and 2020-21.
West Bengal is the largest producer of rice in India. Rice production for the state totalled 14.99 million tonnes in 2017-18. West Bengal is also a major producer of fish. During 2018-19, the state produced a total of 1.85 million tonnes of fish.
As of February 2020, West Bengal had 21 SEZs – seven operational, five notified, seven formally approved, and two with in-principle approval.
As of March 2020, West Bengal had a total installed power generation capacity of 11,026.50 megawatt (MW), of which 6,497.95 MW was under state utilities, 2,847.93 MW was under private sector, and 1,680.62 MW was under central utilities. Of the total installed power capacity, 9,097.62 MW was contributed by thermal power, 1,396.00 MW by hydropower, and 532.88 MW by renewable power.
The state is the second-largest tea growing state in India. Total tea production in West Bengal stood at 415.48 million kgs in 2019-20, accounting for 29.27 per cent share of India’s total production.
According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow in West Bengal, along with Sikkim and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, totalled US$ 6,909 million during April 2000 and March 2020.
- The state received investment of Rs 4.45 lakh crore (US$ 63.13 billion) in large industry from five Global Summit organized in the state so far.
- The State Government introduced West Bengal Information Technology and Electronics Policy 2018 to make West Bengal one of the leading states in India in IT & ITeS, ICT, and ESDM sectors.
- In State Budget 2020-21, Rs 1,158.40 crore (US$ 164.34 million) has been allocated to Industries, Commerce, and Enterprises Department.
- Government introduced Tea Tourism and Allied Business Policy, 2019, to utilise unused tea garden and boost tourism in the state.
- West Bengal plans to raise its share in the country’s IT export to 25 per cent by 2030. Total export from IT sector of the state crossed an estimated Rs 22,897 crore (US$ 3.28 billion) in 2018-19.
- As per State Budget 2020-21, Government of West Bengal has allocated Rs 260 crore (US$ 36.88 million) for the development of the IT and Electronics department in West Bengal.