A“WORLD MEDIA NETWOK” PRESENTS FDI IN INDIA & SCOPE
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI) IN CHANDIGARH
Chandigarh, the capital of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana, was designed by the Swiss-French modernist architect, Le Corbusier. His buildings include the Capitol Complex with its High Court, Secretariat and Legislative Assembly, as well as the giant Open Hand Monument. The nearby Rock Garden is a park featuring sculptures made of stones, recycled ceramics and industrial relics.
CHANDIGARH Industries & “WMN”GUIDE
Chandigarh has the presence of over 2,900 small scale and 15 large and medium scale units. About 40% of industries are ancillary units that manufacture components for tractors. Other industries based in the territory include IT, electronics, pharmaceuticals, machine tools and plastics. Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park (RGCTP), developed in two phases, has been accorded the SEZ status. Concurrently, the territory is planning to set up a terminal market for fruits and vegetables to support crop diversification program undertaken by the Governments of Punjab and Haryana.
CHANDIGARH - FDI Investment Present Scene
“WMN”BROAD VIEW & Business Support.
“World Media Network” is helping upcoming and existing businesses to grow as the government is supporting the business in increasing their work towards the domestic as well as international Tie-Ups. Service-oriented industries need to be promoted with direct and indirect participation for Franchising modules in the INDIA and “WMN” would help them to connect with the brands as well the investors and venture capitalists to increase the growth of the company in future.
CHANDIGARH FDIINVESTMENTPRESENT SCENE
Total 343 Opportunities USD 598.88 bn Worth is in vision.
Mode of Implementation : 214 EPC – 81Not Disclosed-16PPP-9To Be Finalized-
9O thers- 2Turnkey- 1Hybrid Annuity- 0Swiss Challenge….Opportunities are as below…..
- Transport:126 Opportunities worth USD 130.2 bn .A key driver of India’s infrastructural growth
- Social Infrastructure :69 Opportunities worth USD 87.21 bn
- Water & Sanitation :56 Opportunities worth USD 95.39 bn
Energy: 30 Opportunities worth USD 252.27 bn.India has seen the fastest investment growth in energy in the World.
**Targeted Industries Key sectors**- “WMN”KEY ROLE.
“World Media Network” is playing an important role in all the categories and sectors, “WMN” is a Press Release distribution company covering over 180 countries covering twenty- five languages across the world . it has ventured into Digital News, Television, Print, Radio, Billboards, Airports, Multiplexes, Talk shows . Press releases are based on industry standards with timely coverages and promoting the business development of FDI and the scope of growth in the country.
Other industries based in the territory include IT, electronics, pharmaceuticals, machine tools and plastics. Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park (RGCTP), developed in two phases, has been accorded the SEZ status Travel &Tourism is major look, Chandigarh may appear oddly familiar to Western visitors and idiosyncratic to the rest of India. Because of this, Chandigarh is a good place to visit if you need a break from the constant flow of which is often said to assault the senses, and is beinged be overwhelming by foreign travelers.
Sectoral Composition and Contribution
The Growth rate of GSDP of Chandigarh over the five year period 2003-2008 has risen from 14.97% in 2003-04 to 17.5% in the 2007-08. During the year 2004-05 tertiary sector contributed nearly 77.14% of the GSDP of the Union Territory followed by Secondary sector at 22.39% and primary sector at 0.47%. The majority of the population are employees of any one of the three government based in the city. Trade, Hotels & restaurants was the chief contributor to the GSDP at 29.85 % of GDP followed by Real estate, ownership of dwelling & business services at 21.39%, construction industry 13.26%, Banking & finance at 10.6 % and Un registered manufacturing at 6.21 % to the GSDP. Public administration and other services jointly contributed another 12.28 % to the Chandigarh””””s GSDP Further…..
- 272 acres of new land under SEZ ( by Dec 2009)
- Farthest point from anywhere in Chandigarh is only 9km
- Computer education is being introduced in schools
- Large number of Universities, Engineering College, Medical colleges and computers institutes.
- Major Industries
- Manufacturing & Engineering: There are a large number of units manufacturing Agricultural equipment, Tractor components, auto parts, tyres & tubes, electric meters, electronic items, cables and engineering items situated in Chandigarh. Metal products such as Bars, rods of steel & rolled products, HR strips, Basic metal &metal alloy industry are among the leading industries in this sector in Chandigarh. Together they comprise approx. 36% of the manufacturing industry. Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd. & Avery Cycles jointly had sales of Rs.50.28bn in the year 2008-09. Transport equipment & parts, Electrical Machine Apparatus Appliances Supplies & parts comprise approx. another 10.2%. Rubber, Plastic, Petroleum & Coal Products comprise approx. 6.96%, Paper & Paper Products, Printing, Publishing & Allied Industries approx. 11.5% and Repair & personnel services around 1.01%. Food Products, Wooden/Wood Products Furniture & Fixtures, Woolen Textiles, Silk, Synthetics including Art Silk Hosiery and Machinery are the other major industries.
- Tourism & Hospitality: Chandigarh has various tourist attractions inside and around the city. Some of the tourist places within the city are Museum of the evolution of life, Child Art Gallery, National Gallery of Portraits, International dolls museum, Punjab Kala Kendra, The Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Leisure Valley, Bougainvillea Garden, Zakir Rose Garden, etc. Some of the tourist places in the vicinity of Chandigarh are Pinjore Yadavindra Gardens (20km), Bhima Devi Temple (22km), Chattbir Zoo (15km), Mansa Devi & Chandi Mandir (10km panchakulla), Wagah Border in Amritsar(357 km), Bakra Nangal Dam (116km), Morni Hills (23km), Kasauli (77km), Chail (107km) and Shimla (107km). The city has attracted an average of 829093 domestic tourists & 33629 foreign Tourists during 2008-09 the number of hotels being 36 in the city. This has created an immense opportunity for hospitality and tourism industry.
- Industrial Parks:There are two industrial areas and one Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Chandigarh. Further, one hardware park, one Bio-Technology Park (Science Park) and an Agri park are also being developed. A logistics and an assembly park are being planned near the railway station and national highway-21. The science park is being set up to promote higher education, research and development, biotechnology, health services. The Chandigarh Logistics Park is planned to be set up at Raipur Kalan to promote high-tech manufacturing, logistics and supply chain management facilities. The Hardware Park is being set up in Industrial Area Phase III in Chandigarh near Moli Jagraon.
- Education:The Union territory of Chandigarh situated centrally and as also having a number renowned institute of higher learning, is attracting lot of students from the neighbouring states of Punjab & Haryana and is emerging as an education hub. Further, the proactive policies of the administration on e-learning, promoting computer education, treating institutes imparting computer education on par with software companies, starting education city have resulted in numerous opportunities for the sector. UT administration””””s ambitious project of Education City has hastened the city””””s transition into a major education hub of the region. With administration””””s giving its final go-ahead to the project, which is coming up on 150-acre land at village Sarangpur, a number of foreign universities are evincing keen interest to start their institutes and study centres here. University of Frazer Valley, Canada, Design Institute of Milan, Wayne State University of United States of America and a renowned French University have shown interest to set up their base here. Frazer Valley, Canada wants to start management courses; the Canadian varsity is keen on joining hands with city-based Punjab University. The world-acclaimed Design Institute of Milan intends to start specialised courses in technology and engineering designing.
- Banking Industry: Being capital city of two states and a Union Territory most of the nationalised, private, co-operative and foreign banks have their offices or branches in Chandigarh. There were 255 bank offices out of which 252 scheduled banks and 3 foreign banks in the city during the year 2006-07.
CHANDIGARH Govt Departments & websites
Online Services (Some Important Links)
- Online Appointment System for Estate Office, UT, Chandigarh
- Visitor’s Appointment for UT Secretariat, Chandigarh
- Appointment for Sub Registrar Office, UT, Chandigarh
- Apply for Commendation Certificate
- Pay Electricity/Water Bills/Property Tax – e-Sampark Portal
- RTI Online
- GMSH-16 Evening OPD Appointments
- Submit Grievances